Eddie reads the rules of the Death Note, and finds out that someone named Toby was responsible for the death of Bea Arthur (Note: Yes, i know the story is supposed to take place 3 years in the past, but it is clearly a work of fiction, parallel universe, alternate reality, get it? Got it? Good!)
Who is this Toby character? Find out next week!
BTW: The rules on the back of the front cover are:
1. The human whose name is written in the note shall die.
2. The note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
3. If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
6. The note shall become the property of the human world, once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.
7. The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner, i.e. a god of death.
8. The human who uses this note can neither go to Heaven nor Hell.
9. If the time of death is written within 40 seconds after writing the cause of death as a heart attack, the time of death can be manipulated, and the time can go into effect within 40 seconds after writing the name.
10. The human who touches the Death Note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner, a god of death, even if the human is not the owner of the note.
There are more rules than that, and they will be revealed throughout the arc.